The new 8100 has all the features of the Funxion EMT—functions that can make all the difference in an emergency situation. But this new Funxion EMT is in a lighter weight version thanks to a glass-filled nylon handle with non-slip K-Texture™ insert.
Equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening, the blade opens quickly and is ready to help instantly. A quick pull back on the ambidextrous flipper or push on the thumbstud and it's ready for use, right now. The big, drop-point blade is ideal for taking on a wide variety of everyday and not-so-everyday cutting tasks. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel offers excellent wear resistance, toughness, and edge retention. Separate locking liners for the blade and other tools ensure safety. The partially serrated blade can cut through webbing to free trapped accident victims. The cord cutter makes quick work of nylon cording. There's a hex bolt wrench and a screwdriver tip built into the cord cutter arm. A carbide glassbreaker tip can help get you out of a tough situation.
The Funxion EMT's handle is lightweight and sturdy. A non-slip K-Texture™ insert enhances a secure grip. The Funxion EMT comes with Kershaw’s deep-carry clip for secure pocket carry—or clip it just about anywhere with the built-in carabiner. For additional safety, when the carabiner is out, the blade is locked closed.
- Carabiner clip, cord cutter, flat head screwdriver, hex wrench, glassbreaker tip
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Flipper or thumb stud
- Liner lock
- Single-position deep-carry pocketclip (right, tip-down)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon, K-Texture™ insert
- Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25 in. (10.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.25 in. (18.4 cm)
- Weight: 4.8 oz. (137 g)