The Malt is one of two new knives from Kershaw and custom knifemaker Gustavo Cecchini. It features Gus' characteristic sculpted style but also has an interesting feature that (we admit) just may have been inspired by the fine brew we were sharing with Gus at the time: the Malt has a flipper that doubles as a handy bottle opener.
As one of the most sought-after custom knifemakers today, Gus is well known for his innovative knife technologies as well as the striking lines of his custom designs—clearly seen in the unique looks of the Malt.
The Malt measures in with a 3-inch blade and 7.1-inch overall length. It’s the right knife to EDC when you want your pocket bling to get a little attention. The Malt is SpeedSafe equipped, has a solid frame lock, and stainless steel handles. A two-tone treatment on blade and handle add to the Malt's distinctive look. The ever-so-clever flipper/bottle opener and a single-position pocketclip round out the Malt’s handy features.
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Single-position pocketclip (right, tip-up)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, titanium carbo-nitride coating with satin flats
- Handle: Stainless steel, titanium carbo-nitride coating with satin flats
- Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.3 in. (11.1 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.1 in. (18.1 cm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz. (138 g)