May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening
Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Lanyard hole
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right; tip-up)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish with satin flats
- Handle: Steel, titanium carbo-nitride coating
- Blade Length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.1 in. (10.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.2 in. (18.1 cm)
- Weight: 4.7 oz. (133.2 g)