May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening
Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down carry on one side and one-position carry on the other.
Made In The USA
When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Made in the USA
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Flipper and thumb stud
- Sub-Frame Lock
- 3-position deep-carry pocketclip (right/left tip-up; right tip-down)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, stonewashed finish
- Handle: 6061-T6 anodized aluminum
- Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.6 in. (11.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.9 in. (20 cm)
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (96.4 g)